Upon graduation, graduates work in many sectors of activity: construction, housing products, capital goods, the environment, etc. There are many challenges for engineers who wish to imagine, design and deploy innovative solutions that meet the needs of our society in a sustainable manner.
The figures presented below are taken from the insertion survey carried out in collaboration with the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (CGE) in 2021 and concern graduates in September 2020.
Situation after graduation
Situation of young engineering graduates 4 months after graduation.
- First job found before leaving school: 63.5 %
- First job found in less than 2 months: 73%
- Jobs based abroad: 1.7%
- Current jobs found in the host company of the apprenticeship contract (apprentice engineers only): 55%
- Current jobs from end-of-study internship (face-to-face engineers only): 38.1%
- Median gross annual salary including bonuses and benefits in France: €31,850
Distribution of jobs held by graduate engineers by sector of activity.
- Wood construction and public building : 60.3%
- Furnishing and retail : 12.1%
- Various wood industries : 5.2%
- Packaging : 5.2%
- Forests and forestry : 3.4%
- Timber trade : 3.4%
- Sawmill : 3.4%
- Manufacture of wood panels : 1.7%
- Outside the wood industry : 5.2%
Discover the portraits of our young engineering graduates