The ‘Makers by nature’ spirit
At ESB, priority is given to openness and the hybridisation of knowledge. Learning in project mode, teamwork and scale-1 experimentation are some of the practices that set apart the teaching offered by the school.
The equipment and skills made available to students enable ambitious and formative projects to be undertaken every year.
At ESB, we cultivate our assets:
- wood and biosourced materials – up-and-coming resources to invent a sustainable future,
- teaching based on experimentation and learning through action,
- a wide range of international opportunities for all paths of study,
- a human-sized school that fosters conviviality and teamwork.
A comprehensive range of courses on sciences and technologies relating to wood and biosourced materials
Training is ESB’s historical activity. Since 1934, the school has welcomed almost 5,000 students.
Every year, 400 students study at ESB. More than one out of three ESB students take part in a work-study programme (apprenticeship or professional training contract).
- BTS (technician certificate) in wood development and realisation (DRB) | student status | in partnership with the François Arago vocational school
- BTS (technician certificate) in wooden constructive systems ans housing (SCBH) | apprentice status
- Bachelor’s in wood and the digital transition of production | student and work-study student status
- Professional degree in wood construction | professional training contract | in partnership with Nantes University
- Professional degree in wood production | professional training contract | in partnership with Nantes University
- Professional degree in wood trade | professional training contract | in partnership with the St Nazaire University Institute of Technology (IUT)
- Engineering degree | student and apprentice status
- Specialised Master’s in biosourced composites | full time | in partnership with the Nantes Atlantique design school
- PhD | theses prepared by young researchers in ESB’s research laboratory