Trades and careers
Professionals engaged in wood trade have perfect knowledge of their products as well as of wood sectors and their specific constraints in terms of transport and regulations, for example.
- They prospect for new customers and organise email campaigns and promotions.
- They develop sales arguments tailored to their products and customers.
- They negotiate contracts and ensure that customers or sales outlets have the supplies they need.
- They analyse a company’s financial situation and the risks run on new markets and prepare documents required for dialogue with various partners.
Areas of activity
At the end of the training, graduates work in companies in the wood sector: logging and lumber, packaging, construction and building, furnishing and sailing, trading of materials, large do-it-yourself stores.
- Sales engineer for forest-derived products, processed wood products and wood materials.
- Technical sales manager: key accounts, imports/exports
- Product/account manager
- Branch or subsidiary manager
- Business acquisition or creation
Sales engineers can move on to a sales manager or commercial director position.