The professional degree in wood and furnishing (LPBA) – production manager for wood industries option – is a one-year training course for middle managers in the area of industrial processes and quality assurance for wood processing.
Le titulaire de cette licence professionnelle pilote la production, identifie les dysfonctionnements et engage les actions correctives.
Team leaders, they know how to make decisions taking into account quality and safety requirements, deadlines, labour law, protection of the environment and, in general, all internal and external regulations in force.
This is a work-study training programme (professional training contract).
It is organised in partnership with Nantes University.
Training takes place on two sites: Nantes University (30%) and ESB (70%).
Training primarily takes place in Saint-Nazaire and in a company (35 weeks).
Number of spaces
A total of 25 spaces for the professional degree in wood, spread out across the wood construction and wood production options.
At the end of the training, graduates are capable of:
- Analysing a workshop’s equipment, recommending performance levels. Participating in technical-economic engineering and adapting production workshops for the sake of optimisation.
- Monitoring and verifying the progress and compliance of outputs based on the implementation plan and quality policy.
- Monitoring the procurement of supplies, equipment and construction materials.
- Planning employees’ activities and assigning them to workstations.
- Managing a team: assigning and planning tasks and functions.
- Planning and organising resources.
- Identifying malfunctions and developing corrective actions.
- Making decisions and ensuring they are compatible with regulatory documents and standards.
- Providing team leaders with technical support and determining mobility and training.
- Completing activity monitoring documents for the worksite, analysing data
The professional degree in wood and furnishing (LPBA) consists of two different options: wood construction and wood production. Some course units are common to both options (core curriculum) while others are specific to the chosen option.