The BTS in wood development and realisation (DRB) is a two-year training programme for high-level technicians capable of developing and industrialising wood products and materials and solving technical issues related to their implementation.
It contributes to the research required for the design and industrialisation of products. It supports the organisation of production and continuous improvement in companies.
This training is organized in partnership with the high school “Arago” in Nantes.
Trainees have student status.
The program is taught in French.
Training takes place on the premises of ESB (technical lessons) and on those of Lycée Arago (general lessons).
At the end of the training, DRB high-level technicians are capable of:
- Developing and improving industrial wood products and/or wood materials: specifications, standards and regulations, technical-economic product feasibility, prototypes, computer-aided design (CAD).
- Preparing production: technical materials and processes, production costs, industrialisation dossier, computer-aided manufacturing (CAM).
- Organising production: planning supplies and maintenance operations, contributing to the updating of data (ERP), etc.
- Managing production: manufacturing, hygiene and safety phases, monitoring, team and resource management, quality.
- French expression (3 hrs) – 5 ECTS credits
- Mathematics (3 hrs) – 3 ECTS credits
- Foreign language: English (2 hrs) – 4 ECTS credits
- Applied physics (3 hrs) – 8 ECTS credits
- Product development (7hrs) – 11 ECTS credits
- Product industrialisation (6hrs) – 10 ECTS credits
- Product realisation (8hrs) – 13 ECTS credits