International timber trade programme (semester)
The core objective is to acquire professional skills in the international trade of wood and International Business development.
Students will acquire a good knowledge in terms of wood, worldwide exchanges and international and domestic regulation to comply with.
Topics such as Business Development, Business English and Financial Analysis will be also developed.
This semester is taught entirely in English. It is offered from September to February every year and successful completion provides 30 ECTS.
FFL courses (French as a foreign language) are also available to students.
Wood and international exchange (8 ECTS)
- Species recognition
- Wood classification
- Certification and traceability
- Wood product marketing
- Worldwide wood exchanges
International trade (6 ECTS)
- International trade techniques
- International negotiations
- Intercultural management
- International marketing
Business Unit (6 ECTS)
- Business development
- Business English
- Financial analysis
Projects (4 ECTS)
- Export diagnotics
- Purchase diagnostics
- Market study
Commerce and trade (4 ECTS)
- Business strategy
- Business strategy (distribution & sales management)
- Commercial laws
Professional experiences (2 ECTS)
- Business trip and visits
- Business simulation week
- Internship preparation
Applicants are required to:
- Provide evidence of having completed an undergraduate degree in wood sciences, forestry or materials science
- Have a certificate demonstrating their proficiency in English (at least level B1)
- Applicants studying at an ESB partner institute: the application is sent by the partner institute.
- All applicants: online applications via the My.ESB platform before 30 May
- Select programme: « Taught in English for international students ».
- Then select programme : « CONCITTINT / 2223-CONCITT – Application for semester study : International Timber Trade programme ».
Fees are applicable only for non exchange students (no agreement with a partner institution).
One semester study is charged €3,375 for the September 2022 intake. Tuition fees includes courses and all additional welcome and support form international service.
Transport and daily expenses are additional (average cost in Nantes about 700€ a month).