Intensive French learning programme
This intensive French learning programme, taught by University of Nantes, is made for international students willing to improve and certify their level of French.
Access to this course is preferably given to Higher education students (from 2nd year of bachelor).
This leads to a National certification: a University Degree of French studies (DUEF) provided by University of Nantes.
This will attest official level of French (from B1 to C2) and enables access to French taught programmes at ESB among which the Engineering programme in wood science and Technology and the Bachelor in wood and Digital transition of production.
- Increase your level of French and be certified by a National Degree
- Open to new and essential domains as circular economy and wood based materials
- Prepare further access to a French Engineering school specialized in these fields
TEACHING PROGRAMME B1/B2 LEVEL
Average teaching hours are 18 hours a week.
Opening to wood based materials and circular economy is a “Science module” and represents 2 hours a week.
UE1 : French Language
- Language skills : grammar/vocabulary
- Written expression/ understanding
- Oral expression/ understanding
UE2 : Language Practice
- Intensive oral practice
- Intensive written practice
UE3 : Language and Culture
- Culture and Society Pass
- Scientific Pass: wood/wood based materials and circular economy. The purpose of this module is to discover the main companies and actors of this sector, and understand better the key elements relative to circular economy, wood and forestry products, their uses, wood recognition, main properties of the wood material and innovation and design
The programme is split into two semesters
- September to December
- January to May
Students can apply for one or two semesters (in a raw)
Place of Training
Most courses are given at University of Nantes, within the Language Department.
Scientific pass is taught at ESB, engineering school located on the Campus of Graduate schools in Nantes- Chantrerie.
TRAINING FEES and APPLICATION
Fees are 1400 € per semester to be paid to ESB engineering school.
Application is to be done first on ESB online platform (choose « Application for French courses in association with Nantes university »).
It is also required that you apply to Nantes University once your admission is approved at ESB.